I’m getting ready to try this . . .
Just spent the day working with the Holbein Duo Aqua (water mixable oil paints) colour chart, creating a values reference chart in Photoshop Elements.
- Created screen captures of the chart.
- Saved each as a grayscale file.
- Selected each colour swatch and pasted it into a new .psd file.
- Organized all the swatches in rows by value.
- Saved a copy of the grayscale chart to create corresponding colour chart.
- Reopened colour screen captures.
- Selected each colour swatch and placed it over the corresponding grayscale colour.
So excited. Now I have a great way of choosing my palette based on the value of the colours straight out of the tubes. Perfect for fingerpainting.